This is a brief list of resources and links about COVID-19, Medicare, and what is available to Montgomery Count, Maryland residents.
Pre-Registration for COVID-19 Vaccine Now Open for Residents 75 & Older
Montgomery County is now urging residents age 75 and older (Priority Group 1B-Tier 1) to pre-register for a COVID-19 vaccine. https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/vaccine/
General information in several languages with links to free COVID-19 testing, vaccinations, and reopening information. https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/
This federal website provides information about the virus including when to get tested or quarantine, virus variants, safety guidelines, vaccines, and more. CDC.gov/coronavirus
Information about how to protect yourself, what to do if you think you have the virus, specific resources for different groups, including travelers, pregnant women, older adults, people with underlying medical conditions, plus more. Coronavirus.gov
For more information about vaccine development. https://covid19.nih.gov/
Medicare & Coronavirus
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services website outlines covered services.
- Medicare covers the lab tests for COVID-19. You pay no out-of-pocket costs.
- Medicare covers monoclonal antibody treatments for COVID-19.
- Medicare covers COVID-19 vaccines. You pay no out-of-pocket costs.
- Medicare covers all medically necessary hospitalizations.
Where to Go for COVID-19 Testing in Montgomery County
This link is a comprehensive list of self-pay and free COVID-19 testing sites. https://www.montgomerycountymd.gov/covid19/Resources/Files/testing/COVID-19%20Testing%20Facilities.pdf
This is a no-cost* medical service that provides COVID-19 testing 7 days a week to individual households only in Montgomery County who:
- Live in geographic areas highly impacted by COVID-19
- Are members of population groups disproportionally affected by COVID-19
- Are homebound or facing significant barriers to accessing community COVID-19 testing
- Have complex or unique household situations in which home-based COVID-19 testing would be more effective than community COVID-19 testing
*If any household member has insurance, insurance information is collected to bill for the telemedicine assessment and COVID-19 test. However, there is no cost to household members for any part of the home visit, regardless of insurance status.
To schedule your appointment, call Montgomery County Testing Helpline at 240-777-1755.
Identity Theft Warning: Don’t Show Off Your Vaccination Card Or Post It Online
“It’s got your date of birth and your first and last name,” Sandra Guile of the International Association of Better Business Bureaus told “Good Morning America.” “With that information, there are some unsavory individuals out there that [will] try to open up credit cards, buy cell phones, go shopping.”