Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Medicare Part C), provide an alternative to traditional Medicare Part A and Part B.
Features of Medicare Advantage Plans
- Covers all Medicare Part A and Part B approved services.
- Has deductibles and co-payments that you may need to pay.
- Generally requires a referral for you to see specialists.
- May include extra benefits, prescription drugs, limited dental, hearing and vision care.
- May require use of only providers in the networks — doctors, hospitals and suppliers.
- Some plans may allow you to go out of networks at additional costs.
- You must have Medicare Part A and Part B and live in the service plan’s geographic service area
Click on this link to find an overview and comparison of Medicare Advantage Plan providers available to Montgomery County residents, or, click directly on the plan links below:
- Aetna Medicare Connect Plus
- Cigna Health Spring Preferred HMO
- Cigna Health Spring Preventive Care HMO
- Johns Hopkins Advantage MD HMO
- Johns Hopkins Advantage MD PPO
- Johns Hopkins Advantage MD Plus PPO
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage High MD HMO
- Kaiser Permanente Medicare Advantage Standard MD HMO