Medicare Advantage Plans
Medicare Advantage Plans (also called Medicare Part C), provide an alternative to traditional Medicare Part A and Part B.
Features of Medicare Advantage Plans
- Covers all Medicare Part A and Part B approved services.
- Has deductibles and co-payments that you may need to pay.
- Generally requires a referral for you to see specialists.
- May include extra benefits, prescription drugs, limited dental, hearing and vision care.
- May require use of only providers in the networks — doctors, hospitals and suppliers.
- Some plans may allow you to go out of networks at additional costs.
- You must have Medicare Part A and Part B and live in the service plan’s geographic service area
Medicare Advantage Plan providers available to Montgomery County residents:
- Johns Hopkins HealthCare LLC /Preferred Provider Organization
- Kaiser Permanente/ Medicare Cost Plan
- University of Maryland Health Advantage/Health Maintenance Organization